Justice For Vern Braswell
FOLLOW AND CONTACT US AT:
Facebook : JUSTICE FOR VERN BRASWELL
YouTube: Justice For Vern Braswell
WARNING, THE BRASWELL MURDER CASE CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING:
- A forensic expert for the prosecution, who committed perjury to hide her numerous professional & legal troubles (Download the evidence of the expert's perjury HERE).
- Lead trial counsel’s license to practice law had already been suspended once and at the time of Vern's trial, the trial attorney was actually on probation for a second time due to disciplinary / competency related issues. Trial counsel was ultimately disbarred several years after trial (Download the official record of trial counsel's disciplinary history HERE).
- A vanishing sealed envelope of withheld evidence initialed by the prosecutor.
- An evidence of innocence witness possessing 1st hand knowledge, who was disregarded by the judge.
- Resurfaced favorable evidence that was missing from the clerk's records for 15 years
- Bombshell DNA & forensic evidence of innocence that Vern didn't see for 16 years.
Vern Braswell was convicted of murder in December 2005 for the death of his wife who was found deceased in their Jacuzzi tub in the overnight / early morning hours of November 5, 2004. When taken to the homicide office,
Braswell gave a statement that the couple had been intimate earlier in the evening, and that although Mrs. Braswell was complaining about not feeling well, she was alive when he went to sleep about 3 hours prior to finding her deceased in their Jacuzzi.
Braswell was immediately cleared by police who said they saw no marks, wounds, or anything on Mrs. Braswell that indicated that she had been murdered, including no marks or scratches on Mr. Braswell. Police said they charged him with first-degree murder because the medical examiner said the death was a result of manual strangulation.
During trial Braswell testified that earlier in the evening they engaged in numerous instances of erotic asphyxia, however the prosecution’s medical examiner refused to admit that the death could have occurred as a result of choking during sex.
HOWEVER This same expert also lied under oath during the Braswell case, when the expert denied being disciplined in the past for conducting illegal autopsies. Not only had the expert been disciplined, she had successful whistle-blower judgments against her alleging that she asked employees to falsify autopsy reports and for evidence tampering in high profile murder cases to help prosecutors secure murder convictions.
SCROLL DOWN FOR MEDIA COVERAGE AND TO SEE ADDITIONAL ISSUES WITH THE BRASWELL CONVICTION INCLUDING A DISREGARDED WITNESS & PARTICIPANT WITH FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE, WITHHELD FAVORABLE EVIDENCE, STOLEN FAVORABLE EVIDENCE THAT RESURFACED AFTER 15 YEARS, AND A NEW DNA DISCOVERY
CLICK HERE TO LISTEN AND SUBSCRIBE TO THE:
The Justice For Vern Braswell Podcast
CLICK HERE TO
VIEW TRANSCRIPTS OF PRIVATE COURT CONVERSATIONS THAT PROVE JUDICIAL BIAS
VERN'S CANCER DIAGNOSIS
In September of 2020 Vern was diagnosed with cancer in COVID infested prison. Although he has less than 3 years left on his sentence and is eligible for work release, Vern was denied a medical release to get cancer radiation treatments in a sterile environment on monitored home confinement.
Vern could very likely catch COVID and die before he completes his sentence.
...GIVES OFFICIALS PERMISSION...
...TO LET VERN SUFFER & DIE!
Vern is known for his big heart and his big smile that often comes after one of his practical jokes.
While incarcerated Vern has...
- .. earned a Doctorate Degree in Counseling
- ... helped scores of young men earn their G.E.D.
- ... began developing prison reform proposals that will increase inmates' success upon release and would save the State millions of dollars.
Before having his life ripped to shreds by prosecutors,
Vern was a member of...
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Incorporated,
- Black Scholars Unlimited (college),
- Kappa Delta Pi Professional Educational Honor Society
- The Prince Hall Masons
- Metropolitan Baptist Church
- Ruff Ryders of Memphis, Motorcycle and Charity Club (founder and first president)
Out of his love for community service and activism,
prior to incarceration
Vern was also...
- ... the creator & operator of Hotels & Homes, a network to provide temporary and permanent housing for homeless students and their families
- ... the creator of disaster relief fundraisers for victims of natural disasters in Tennessee
- ... the creator of fallen officer fundraising events
- ... the creator of murder victims' family fundraising events
- ... the founder and first president of Ruff Ryders Memphis Motorcycle Club that focused on community service and uplift
- ... an educational activist in poor rural and at risk urban communities
- ... the creator and sponsor of a Black college students for Black elementary students tutoring and mentoring program
- ... a Saturday School tutoring volunteer
- ...the sponsor of a Saturday School meals for students program
- ... a state level volunteer working as a statewide prison ministry coordinator and policymaker
- ... a local prison ministry weekly volunteer and activist
- ... an educator who worked his way up from a teacher assistant to assistant principal
- ... a college graduate with a bachelor in education and a master in leadership & policy studies (administration & supervision)
- ... a licensed Tennessee educator
- ... a licensed Tennessee administrator
- ... a sponsor and facilitator of yearly national field trips for both poor rural and poor city school students
- ... a co-creator of a national grants program to reward computer supplies to hundreds of schools in America that were committing to recycling.
MAY 3, 2021 Press Conference
CLICK HERE: To watch video clips of supporters discussing Vern's years of community service and philanthropy in West Tennessee.
VERN DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER IN PRISON DURING COVID.
"Cancer for a Black Man
On the streets of Tennessee during a pandemic,
Can be a critical situation...
Cancer for any Black Man
In the prisons of Tennessee during a pandemic,
Can be a death sentence..."
Media coverage of the perils of Vern's cancer diagnosis in prison.
Vern's sister, Cheryl Wallace, gets emotional & choked up as she begs for Vern's life to be spared.
CLICK HERE TO READ: More details on Vern's cancer struggle with criminal justice system:
In July of 2020 following a George Floyd march and moment of reflection by the Memphis legal community, evidence that had been missing from Vern's official court records for 15 years, resurfaced with a letter of apology.
The letter included allegations that the evidence was stolen from Vern's court records to prevent appellate court judges from viewing the documents.
A forensic document expert determined that the resurfaced evidence were actual original documents.
Read the bombshell letter of apology and some of the actual original documents that were stolen from the court files right before Vern's character based appeal.
More details on the contents of the letter of apology and forensic evidence that the documents were stolen from the official secured trial court records! READ
MEDIA COVERAGE OF STOLEN EVIDENCE THAT RESURFACED AFTER 15 YEARS
"Former Memphis educator Vern Braswell hopes resurfaced character letters lead to prison release"
NBC affiliate VIDEO
"New evidence in Vern Braswell case? Family of former school assistant principal convicted of killing wife says new evidence proves his innocence"
New evidence surfaces in 16-year-old murder case
The Commercial Appeal
Missing 15 years, character letters resurface in Vern Braswell murder case
In April of 2011, a sealed envelope of withheld evidence from the Braswell case was found in the DA's files, bearing the prosecutor's initials, and a note saying, "DO NOT SHOW TO THE DEFENSE"...
However, the sealed envelope of withheld evidence conveniently disappeared before Vern's lawyers could view its contents.
The Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals said,
"The olfactory perception of the sealed manilla envelope is not pleasant."
- quote from Vern Braswell v. State of Toennessee (2018)
by Judge John Everette Willams from the Tennessee Court of Criminal Appeals.
CLICK HERE for extensive media coverage of prosecutors claiming the withheld evidence mysteriously vanished from their files
Harvard Law School references Vern's case and the sealed envelope of withheld evidence when they rate his prosecutor as the worst in America. READ
The New York Times talks about the sealed envelope of withheld evidence in Vern's case as they profile another case of prosecutorial misconduct by Vern's prosecutor. READ
CLICK HERE to read in-depth and heartbreaking articles about Vern's case detailing the systemic racial inequalities and corruption in the Braswell case.
If Tennessee would have had Black Defendants Matters policies in place which guarantee...
- Fair and Equitable Treatment for ALL,
- Uncompromising Transparency, and
- Uncompromising Accountabiliy
throughout the ENTIRE criminal justice system,
...Braswell would not have been repeatedly violated by the Tennessee Criminal Court System.
As You Read These Heartbreaking Articles
Covering the Braswell Case,
You'll Discover There are
Two Justice Systems.
- Why did some of Vern Braswell's Best Evidence Vanish and
White Judges Let it Slide...
Tennessee's Catch Me If You (In) Just-Us System
- Vern Braswell was prosecuted by an all White team of prosecutors. His attorney finds a sealed envelope of withheld evidence in the prosecutor's "secured" files that says DO NOT SHOW TO THE DEFENSE. Then the envelope mysteriously disappears. An all White panel of Judges say Braswell's attorney should have done a better job of catching the all White team of prosecutors redhanded before the evidence they initially concealed eventually vanished. Don‘t believe us? Read It and see for yourself!
TN White Courts Version of Black Justice (Press Version w/ Citations)
- Read how justice is dealt to Vern Braswell by all White prosecutors and judges in Tennessee when there is zero accountability. Citations included because you wouldn’t believe it if we didn‘t include them!
(Amplifiers) TN White Courts Version of Black Justice
- This version is for amplifiers. You can quote, share, print. post. or tweet this version when you amplify the systemic racial injustice of the Braswell case using your platform.
Twenty TweetAble Takes From the Vern Braswell case
- We are providing amplifiers with a bag of 20 bite sized Ready-to-Tweet nuggets from the Braswell case for your posting pleasure (hashtags included).
Please post or tweet one-a-day to keep attention on the systemic injustice in the Braswell case. COMING SOON
FIVE PART SERIES
WHEN THE TENNESSEE COURTS THAT BENEFIT WHITE DEFENDANTS, REFUSE TO EQUALLY BENEFIT BLACK DEFENDANTS
Vern Braswell Verzuz the White Cases
- Read how the all White TN Criminal Appeals Court treated a White erotic asphyxia defendant verzuz a Black erotic asphyxia defendant with way more trial errors and mistakes. Guess which one got the relief.
Vern Braswell Verzuz the White Cases
- This time the all White TN Appeals Court gave a White defendant (who stabbed their spouse in the back) relief because their trial attorney made a mistake, but the Court refused to help Vern Braswell, who's attorney made the identical mistake plus many more mistakes.
Vern Braswell Verzuz the White Cases
Round Three: Jury Deliberations
- The same TN Court gave relief to a White defendant based on how the jury deliberated, but refused to give relief to Vern Braswell even though his jury deliberated exactly the same way and indicated he was probably more innocent than the White defendant.
Vern Braswell Verzuz White Cases
Round 4 Hiding Evidence of Innocence, (Bonus Round)
- Braswell's White prosecutor withheld evidence of innocence in the case of a White defendant and eventually gave the evidence to the White defendant's lawyer. When the same prosecutor withheld evidence in the Vern Braswell's case, she refused to give it to his lawyers. The all White Judges and the TN lawyer board refused to do anything about the prosecutor in the Black case.
Vern Braswell Verzuz White Cases
- Braswell's same prosecutor intimidated a Black expert witness to prevent him from testifying in a White defendant's case, the all White judges gave the defendant relief (in part) because of the prosecutor's actions. The same issue was egregious in the Braswell case but the courts refused to give Braswell relief.
NO! Says the TN All-White Judges' Club.
- Take a look at all of the newly discovered evidence of innocence that was presented before the Tennessee all White Judges Club and why it didn't make sense when they said a witness with first hand testimony did not matter for Vern Braswell.
Braswell's Prosecutor is the Worst of the Worst Prosecutors
- Harvard Law School uses Vern Braswell's case as justification for why his prosecutor, Amy Weirich, is one of the worst prosecutors in America when it comes to misconduct in the publication by The Fair Punishment Project.
Vern Braswell's Original Trial Lawyer
Why was Vern Braswell's original trial attorney disbarred? Why did one of the Judges find him credible in Braswell's case right after she caught him testifying "inconsistent with the facts"?
ATTENTION: Investigative Reporters, Scholars, and Sleuths. Can You Solve the Sealed Envelope Case?
- We supply the documents, you supply the wits. Do you have what it takes to solve the case of the missing sealed envelope bearing the prosecutor's initials? Who lied and what did they hide?
The Colin Kaepernick of the Criminal Justice System: Senior Judge Gilbert S. Merritt
- “This set of falsehoods is typical of the conduct of the Memphis D.A’s office during this period.”
- Senior Justice Gilbert S. Merritt from Owens v. Guida 549 F.3d 399, 425 (6lh Cir.2008),
He is honest and courageous enough to point out that the Memphis prosecutors were typical liars. So why did a judge with arguably the greatest amount of integrity in the entire criminal justice system get passed over for a seat at the law of the land? Sometimes sacrifice, integrity, and being ostracized go hand in hand.
My Son Vern Has Been Diagnosed With Cancer: 3 Ways to Help
Cancer for a Black Man
On the streets of Tennessee during a pandemic, Can be a critical situation...
Cancer for any Black Man
In the prisons of Tennessee during a pandemic, Can be a death sentence...
Why Vern's Cancer Diagnosis is so Devastating
Vern has earned a doctorate degree while incarcerated and wants to use his degrees to develop prison reform proposals.
How to Slave Whip a Black Community Activist
- Vern Braswell dedicated over 15 years of extensive community service in both Black and White communities. Dozens of Memphians wrote in and made the courts aware of this until all of the documentation and evidence of this totally vanished from the official court records. This head shaking article about abandonment, betrayal, and corruption will have you as angry as a police brutality video.
The Court of All White Judges' that Silently Supervised the Braswell Injustice.
Vern Braswell lets us look through his eyes as he appeared before all White judges on his journey through the Tennessee Criminal (In)"Just Us" System, including when he first realized that in the eyes of the courts he was just a n*gg*r. COMING SOON
Her Hate & The Sex Business Hit Squad
- Why did Braswell's prosecutor take a "win at any cost" attitude in the Braswell case? Perhaps going back to her big loss when she was a "lieutenant" on the sex business hit sqaud will provide some insight into the source of her deep seeded hate hate. COMING SOON
Vern Braswell's Clemency Petition
We take a look at Vern Braswell's Clemency Application and the reasonswhy he's petitioning the Governor for a commutation. COMING SOON
Vern Braswell's Genesis Joseph Approach to Prison Reform
Vern Braswell draws on his education, work history, and lessons learned from his incarceration to develop a prison reform approach which will solve most of long standing ills of incarceration and recidivism. Will the State of Tennessee listen to his wisdom on the subject? COMING SOON
- Vern Braswell answers our questions to provide insight and a bird's eye view of traversing the criminal justice system as a Black man. Why did he open up with the closing arguments from A Time to Kill? COMING SOON
EMAIL THE GOVERNOR
Please show your support for Vern being granted a Clemency release because of the injustices in his case, his cancer diagnosis, my poor health, and so he can continue working on his prison reform proposals and prison reform research. CLICK HERE TO SEND AN EMAIL to the Governor of Tennessee in support of a clemency request to commute Vern's remaining 4 1/2 year to home confinement. THE EMAIL will go to TN's Gov Lee & the Clemency Unit.
You MUST include your info at the closing of the email. God bless you.
If you want to join us in helping to get Justice For Vern please contact us and follow us at J4VernBraswell@afmfm.org
This was composed in conjunction with Black Defendants Matter. BDM is responsible for researching and publicizing the Braswell case. Our policies will guarantee an end to brutality and racial inequalities in the criminal justice system.
Will you please help us?
Visit, follow, & contact us at: www.BlackDefendantsMatter.org